ZIL Coding - Start Here!
Happy MAC XL
2017-11-30 09:36:47 UTC
ZILF and ZAPF are available at https://bitbucket.org/jmcgrew/zilf/, with source code for the tools, and ZIL code for a parser and samples, including a port (of a port of a port) of Colossal Cave. The parser probably isn't as robust as the original, but it uses the same table formats.
Eli the Bearded
2017-12-19 00:15:49 UTC
Post by Happy MAC XL
ZILF and ZAPF are available at https://bitbucket.org/jmcgrew/zilf/,
with source code for the tools, and ZIL code for a parser and samples,
including a port (of a port of a port) of Colossal Cave. The parser
probably isn't as robust as the original, but it uses the same table
formats.
Bitbucket makes it really hard to find the source if you use a browser
like lynx. "hg clone https://bitbucket.org/jmcgrew/zilf/" seems to be
the answer, but the only download there (for me) is for a compiled
version.

Then I try to compile it (using mcs on NetBSD) and I get a slew of
errors:

AbbrevFinder.cs(146,76): error CS1644: Feature `declaration expression'
cannot be used because it is not part of the C# 6.0 language
specification
Context.cs(232,46): error CS1644: Feature `type pattern matching' cannot
be used because it is not part of the C# 6.0 language specification
[...]

This seems like a difficult to use project.

Elijah
------
knows almost nothing of C Sharp