Interactive fiction for a non-native speaker
Emkei
2017-10-11 19:46:46 UTC
Hello,

I was wondering if you can suggest an English interactive fiction piece for a non-native speaker. Since English is my second language it's really hard for me to play guess-the-verb type of games. However, I was able to successfully complete such works as a Babel by Ian Finley and City of Secrets by Emily Short, so I guess I'm looking more for a story-oriented pieces.
Kamazon
2017-10-12 14:44:49 UTC
Post by Emkei
Hello,
I was wondering if you can suggest an English interactive fiction piece for a non-native speaker. Since English is my second language it's really hard for me to play guess-the-verb type of games. However, I was able to successfully complete such works as a Babel by Ian Finley and City of Secrets by Emily Short, so I guess I'm looking more for a story-oriented pieces.
Hi, Emkei,

I work on a game called Susurrus: Season of Tides. It's a kind of interactive fiction/RPG, so you don't have to type in verbs, you just have to click and make choices. It also has quite a high level of writing, though, so it might be challenging, but on the other hand, it might help improve your English, too! You can play for free here: http://susurrusgame.com.

The Interactive Fiction Database is also a great place to look around for things, though it might be a bit overwhelming: http://ifdb.tads.org/

Have fun!